- Hugely proud of our team to be nominated in these awards: Recognising innovation in Food and Drink! #teamwork #awards #2020vision #farmtofork #thefarmersjourney
- Have you tried our porridge yet? Recently suggested by one of our customers, raspberry and honey or banana and maple syrup. Set yourself for a warming weekend. #weekend #fridayfeeling #cafe #coffee #weekendbreakfast
- Kalettes are looking beautiful in our veg shed today. Fried in butter or oil, they take minutes to cook, both delicious and nutritious. #feelinspired #vegshed #healthyjanuary
- Storm Brendan may rage outside, but under these clouds you should feel cosy. Open from 9am tomorrow, fire lit and coffee brewing. #stormbrendan #clouds☁ #farmshop #cafe #butchery
- Beat the January blues with a heartwarming bowl of soup full of colour and goodness. Here I raided our veg shed to create a carrot, celery, shallot, leek, garlic with stock from the butchery and tumeric, garam masala and a can of black beans. Topped with salty seeds, rye bread from @bread_source and butter from @nortonsdairy #vegshed #butchery #winterwarmth #feedmyfarmer
- Weekend strength! #cafe #cake #allthingsgreat
- Friday night, one pan wonder. Chicken pieces, @crushfoods lemon, honey, soya sauce and a multitude of great veg from our #vegshed #butchery #cafe #weekend #farmshop
- Healthy supper for the farmer last night (before he ate the lemon cake!) Flat mushrooms, lentils, pesto and the crusts off our daughter's nursery sandwiches which made delicious croutons. #vegshed #veggies #kalettes #quicksupper #healthy
- Unwaxed lemon drizzle cake 🍋, so good it never got onto a plate! #eatfromthetin
115 grams / 4 ounces self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
75 grams / 3 ounces almonds (ground)
175 grams / 6 ounces unsalted butter (soft)
175 grams / 6 ounces caster sugar
2 large unwaxed lemons (zest)
3 large, free-range eggs
Topped with lemon juice and granulated sugar. 🍋
- It may be January, but this cake very inviting! Plus a coffee by the fire.... #cafe #farmshop #butchery
- Today I took a customer service call by the Aga, the farmer did some IT work at the kitchen table and like all good companies we offer a 'chill out' zone for our team. Freekah here enjoying a well earned rest in her basket. #familyfarming #kitchentablestartup #familybusiness #startsmall
- The much awaited crop of kalettes is here. A cross between kale and the beloved sprout. £3.99/kg, grown locally and simply delicious fried with pine nuts and bacon. #familyfarming #vegshed #farmshop #highlynutritious
- Simplicity: Coloured carrots from your local farmshop. #provenance #farmshop #thegoodlife #local #vegshed #januarygoodness
- Rolled shoulder of lamb from our Award Winning butchery. #slowcook #taketime #maketime #familytime #rosemary
- Sundried tomato and goats' cheese quiche for the weekend. #feedthefarmer #weekendlunch #farmshop #loveeggs🍳
- “Went here to today and had a lovely time. We had a lovely lunch, jacket potatoes filled with tuna with scrummy hot chocolates followed by the most yummy lemon drizzle cake.” Sarah L.
- “Considering it was busy the service was excellent . We had a lovely browse around the shops.
Will definitely be returning.”Lily P.
- “Great butcher, fantastic meat, great coffee and cakes!” Jim B.
- “A Hidden Gem, I love this place as it has so much to offer, a lovely coffee shop with a real fire, a butchers with great local meats. The BBQ chicken kebabs are great. There are new businesses outside, Hairdressers, Florists, Nursery (children's) - lots on offer.” Brian G.
- “Lived in Sprowston for 20 years but this was my first visit to White House Farm. Wish we'd gone sooner. Lovely farm shop with great produce. We bought a couple of egg and bacon baps and ate them outside in the sunshine with two very nice coffees. Friendly and prompt service. Recommended.” Jonathan G.
- “The sausage rolls are amazing! Can't leave without one.”Sarah
- “Great place - a wonderful family run this place and are always very welcoming. Coffee, cakes, and GREAT butchers.”Nathan
- “Lovely family run cafe and shop, staff are very friendly and even though they were extremely busy, they still provided excellent service! We had a fabulous lunch with delicious soup and amazing cakes!”Beth
- “Wonderful place! Pleasure to drink coffee here”Aldona
- “Amazing place! The staff are so friendly, the sausage rolls are awesome and the chocolate cake was to die for. Coffee was fab too.”Vanessa
- “Lovely little shop and a very warm welcome. Wish we had more places like this back home.”Becca
- “Went here to today had a lovely time. We had a lovely lunch, jacket potatoes filled with tuna with scrummy hot chocolates followed by the most yummy lemon drizzle cake. Considering it was busy the service was excellent . We had a lovely browse around the shops. Will definitely be returning.”Sarah
- “Love the sausages and meat. Always fresh and tastes so much better than from anywhere else.”Carol
- “Visited today for the farmers market, first visit in a while, and very impressed with all the new additions here. Well worth a visit, keep up the good work.”Gary
- “What a wonderful place! I wish I had visited sooner. Delicious lunch and some fantastic local produce on sale in the shop. Very friendly staff. Will definitely be back!”Leyla
- “A really good work force. Good customer service, and most of all the food is good too.”Mike
- “This is our third year buying our Halloween pumpkins from White House Farm. The children love it and we love picking up a little extra in the Farm Shop. The White House Farm apple juice is divine.”Amy
- “Great cafe and fantastic farm shop. And the bonus of lovely little shops in the new converted barns”Darren
- “You wouldn't believe the city is nearby... Lovely... ”Ctibor
- “Simply a lovely place. PYO Paradise! Friendly and very professional family enterprise. Superb food: even the sausage rolls are in a class of their own! Well worth a visit.”David