- Today is the Farmer's birthday, now if that's not an excuse for cake I don't know what it is!!!
- If Mr Fox or his relatives 'do' Facebook, PLEASE can you stop eating my chickens. They are the spirit of White House Farm, Norwich each with their own habits and personalities. There are now only 15 left, down from 30. (They're more important to me than the farmer!) Thank you. #familybusiness #fox #dailychallengesðð
CHARLOTTE GURNEY OF WHITE HOUSE FARM ON THE EDGE OF THE CITY JUST LOVES SUMMER EATING - AND DRINKING!
ALARM BELLS were ringing last month as I stumbled across the most enormous grass snake on the farm and posted it on social media! It travelled across the network like wildfire, generating a whole host of reactions, from horror to admiration. But this beautiful creature was enjoying one of the first warm nights, basking in the evening sun and reminding me how important our al fresco living is. After all, we live in a green, lush
county and the warm weather doesn't hang about, as we well know!
Literally, as the temperature rises and the forecasts go live for the weekend ahead, our butchery counter goes a little bananas. Clearly, there is nothing more that the people of Norwich love than a good old fashioned BBQ. We have a lovely array of kebabs that we are told are second to none, with beautiful glazes meaning effortless food once you arrive home. Not to mention our beef burgers and award winning sausages which attract
customers from miles around.
It's hard to believe that we were leaning over the BBQ in hot competition this time last year as we fought our way to be the Battle of the Bangers winner. It was a very exciting win for us, firmly putting our sausages and farmshop on the map for the local shopper.
If meat isn't your thing (and we truly believe a halloumi and roasted veg kebab can also hit the spot), make sure you take a stroll around our Veg Shed. Having teamed up with local growers, the Brett family from Aylsham, we offer delicious fresh veg which goes beautifully on the BBQ. I let my hero from Jerusalem, Ottolenghi, inspire me as I create sumptuous veggie salads using all the fresh herbs we offer. To top it off, we have fresh
strawberries with cream from our local dairy, Norton's, for pud.
We are proud to stock local charcoal, meat and vegetables, almost all plastic free, helping us stand apart from our neighbouring supermarkets. Independent businesses are fortunate in that they can react quicker than the corporate giants, helping innocent customers reconnect with good, honest food, ethically sourced and produced with love.
Come and take a look at our summer sizzlers, talk to our knowledgeable and passionate butchers, call by the Veg Shed, treat yourself to locally-made chutneys, relishes and sauces, and you’ll taste the best of Norfolk food.
Cherish those al fresco evenings and watch the sun go down with a glass of local gin - there are so many to choose from, too!
- Woweeeeee we are 2018 winners, Best Farmshop and Deli. Thank you for all so much for voting. The farmer can't believe it!
- Wow...thank you so very much for voting for us. We are excited and a little amazed to be listed here as Best Farm Shop and Deli in Norfolk. And it's all thanks to your voting! A massive heartfelt thank you. [email protected]://norfolk.muddystilettos.co.uk/win/muddy-awards-2018-winners/
- So fun having @bbcradionorfolk with us last weekend!
- A beauty from Mike this morning, the make and female orange tip butterfly!
- #summerfood #vegshed Courgettes stuffed with @nortonsdairy cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. All available at @norwichpyo
- Fresh rabbit now available in our butchery! https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/oct/05/rabbit-recipes-hugh-fearnley-whittingstall
- Fantastic to White House Farm, Norwich and team recognised!
- White House Farm, Norwich has been nominated for the Muddy Stilettos- Norfolk awards. WOW! If you give us the thumbs up, please do vote for us! Please also vote for our partners; Lois Reloved Boutique The Barn Beauty Rooms The Hair Boutique
- #myvegshed #farmpride #freshveg #noplastic #smartshopping
- If you missed our hen on the radio, you can listen again here! https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p064whg8
- #bestcustomer #loyalty #bestbangersintown
- “Went here to today and had a lovely time. We had a lovely lunch, jacket potatoes filled with tuna with scrummy hot chocolates followed by the most yummy lemon drizzle cake.” Sarah L.
- “Considering it was busy the service was excellent . We had a lovely browse around the shops.
Will definitely be returning.”Lily P.
- “Great butcher, fantastic meat, great coffee and cakes!” Jim B.
- “A Hidden Gem, I love this place as it has so much to offer, a lovely coffee shop with a real fire, a butchers with great local meats. The BBQ chicken kebabs are great. There are new businesses outside, Hairdressers, Florists, Nursery (children's) - lots on offer.” Brian G.
- “Lived in Sprowston for 20 years but this was my first visit to White House Farm. Wish we'd gone sooner. Lovely farm shop with great produce. We bought a couple of egg and bacon baps and ate them outside in the sunshine with two very nice coffees. Friendly and prompt service. Recommended.” Jonathan G.
- “The sausage rolls are amazing! Can't leave without one.”Sarah
- “Great place - a wonderful family run this place and are always very welcoming. Coffee, cakes, and GREAT butchers.”Nathan
- “Lovely family run cafe and shop, staff are very friendly and even though they were extremely busy, they still provided excellent service! We had a fabulous lunch with delicious soup and amazing cakes!”Beth
- “Wonderful place! Pleasure to drink coffee here”Aldona
- “Amazing place! The staff are so friendly, the sausage rolls are awesome and the chocolate cake was to die for. Coffee was fab too.”Vanessa
- “Lovely little shop and a very warm welcome. Wish we had more places like this back home.”Becca
- “Went here to today had a lovely time. We had a lovely lunch, jacket potatoes filled with tuna with scrummy hot chocolates followed by the most yummy lemon drizzle cake. Considering it was busy the service was excellent . We had a lovely browse around the shops. Will definitely be returning.”Sarah
- “Love the sausages and meat. Always fresh and tastes so much better than from anywhere else.”Carol
- “Visited today for the farmers market, first visit in a while, and very impressed with all the new additions here. Well worth a visit, keep up the good work.”Gary
- “What a wonderful place! I wish I had visited sooner. Delicious lunch and some fantastic local produce on sale in the shop. Very friendly staff. Will definitely be back!”Leyla
- “A really good work force. Good customer service, and most of all the food is good too.”Mike
- “This is our third year buying our Halloween pumpkins from White House Farm. The children love it and we love picking up a little extra in the Farm Shop. The White House Farm apple juice is divine.”Amy
- “Great cafe and fantastic farm shop. And the bonus of lovely little shops in the new converted barns”Darren
- “You wouldn't believe the city is nearby... Lovely... ”Ctibor
- “Simply a lovely place. PYO Paradise! Friendly and very professional family enterprise. Superb food: even the sausage rolls are in a class of their own! Well worth a visit.”David